Through the miracle of online networking (LinkedIn), I have recently reconnected with a good friend from long ago. We speak on the phone, exchange emails, and write letters. After the most recent time we spoke, in which I was still laughing when we said good bye, I had a dream that I was flying. But it wasn't flying as in soaring, or even flying as in gently catching the wind currents, it was flying as if I was a luge. You know, the Olympic event involving a racing toboggan on which the riders lie on their backs with their feet pointing forward. They move at a screaming-fast speed.
So I googled "dream interpretation flying luge-style" on the World Wide Web. Again, isn't technology amazing? The ol' WWW. didn't even come to a screeching halt when I entered these search terms. And this is what I came up with:
Flying dreams fall under a category of dreams known as lucid dreaming. Lucid dreams occur when you become aware that you are dreaming. Many dreamers describe the ability to fly in their dreams as an exhilarating, joyful, and liberating experience.
If you are flying with ease and enjoying the scene and landscape below, then it suggests that you are on top of a situation. You have risen above something. It may also mean that you have gained a different perspective on things. Flying dreams and the ability to control your flight is representative of your own personal sense of power.
In ancient times, a person who dreamed of flying was considered to have entered the realm of the immortal gods. The Native Americans, the Babylonians, the Hindus, the Tibetan Buddhists and many other traditions claim that we all have a light body that can leave the physical body during sleep. The light body can travel great distances and even into other dimensions that mystics call the astral planes.
If you are feeling fear when you are flying or that you feel that you are flying too high, then it suggests that you are afraid of challenges and of success.
When it's all said and done, flying in dreams is common among dreamers who achieve a state of lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming has the ability to open up new insights and enable us to get a new take on things. In other words, we stop banging our heads against the same brick wall and allow ourselves to find potential solutions to our problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment